introduction tomanaged services for fraud prevention
This session covers Managed Services, from a basic and overarching definition, describing what they are and the scope of coverage you can expect from different types of Managed Service Providers. This course includes the motivating factors that influence a merchant’s decision to use Managed Services as well as best practices for a merchant evaluating which Managed Service Provider to use for eCommerce fraud prevention.
- Course synopsis. The fact is at some point in a company’s lifetime they will end up considering, directly or indirectly, the use of a managed service provider for some or all of their fraud management needs. The concept of a managed service provider in the fraud space is an often misunderstood concept. The notion that all managed service providers are the same and can be compared in an apples-to–apples comparison just isn’t the reality of the market. From a macro perspective there are a number of different ways vendors can offer managed services to a business in terms of features, functionality, service and performance. Attempting to evaluate managed services based solely on features and functionality can lead to gaps in performance and disappointment in the actual results of the service.
Companies need to ask themselves, “How well do I really understand managed services and how they need to fit into our company to meet our objectives?” This course is intended to provide an overview of what types of managed services are available along with guidance for evaluating the effectiveness and fit of managed services for a particular company’s need.
- what can you expect to get out of this course? (1) What are Managed Services and how do we compare different Managed Service Providers? (2) What is the value proposition Managed Services offer and what are the primary reasons merchants choose to use Managed Service Providers? (3) Understand the best practices for when evaluating Managed Service Providers even when comparing providers with very different scopes of coverage.
- Training Objectives:(1) Define the meaning of a Managed Service, a Managed Service Provider and the groupings of providers based on their capabilities.(2) Describe the motivating factors that influence merchants to consider the use of Managed Services as well as the value proposition Managed Service Providers offer. (3) Dispel common myths and misconceptions with regards to Managed Services. (4) Describe how to evaluate Managed Service Providers in terms of best practices.
- Expected time to complete the course: 90 minutes (includes session tests and final exam).
- course access & availability. Unrestricted - Online, In-House and Webinar
- Pricing & Online enrollment. Take this course online for only $29.95 by enrolling now.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
are you new to ecommerce payments and fraud?
If you are new to ecommerce payments and fraud and only have time to take one course you should consider our Managing Fraud Related to ePayments in a Business training course. This course is intended for managers and senior executives to get a basic understanding of how to put fraud into perspective for their business.
- fraudblog newsletter. Do you want to be the first to know about new trends in the ePayments and fraud space? If so you should subscribe to our free Fraudblog Newsletter.
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read Moreintroduction to managed services for cnp fraud prevention.
This session covers Managed Services, from a basic and overarching definition of what a Managed Service is to the scopes of coverage the different types of Managed Service Providers offer. This course includes the motivating factors that influence a merchant’s decision to use Managed Services as well as best practices for a merchant evaluating which Managed Service Provider to use for eCommerce fraud prevention.
- Read Moremanaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
A management perspective on theories, best practices and methods to manage fraud with ePayments. This session covers fraud exposure with ePayments, methods to balance and optimize risk exposure, methods to measure the health of a risk mitigation program; as well as methods to set a more productive mindset for risk mitigation in a company.
- Read MoreThe Impact of Fraud Controls on Sales Conversion.
This session focuses on the understanding and conveying of the impact of fraud controls on both consumer experience and sales conversion for eCommerce merchants.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.