Offering a neutral, unbiased, source for information related to setting up and maintaining online payments and fraud prevention:
- Consulting Services for electronic payments, fraud prevention and credit risk mitigation. read more
- Chargeback Monitoring low cost monitoring option for small to large merchants. read more
- Market Research for payment and fraud solution providers related to eCommerce payments and fraud prevention. read more
- Fraud & Payment Training programs and courses avaliable online or onsite. read more
- Fraud Library
offers a resource for information related to electronic payments and fraud prevention. read more
- Subscribe to our newsletter
must have resources for ecommerce!
Doing business online means your company must efficiently, reliably and securely take payments from consumers and other merchants. Do you understand how online payments work? Do you know what your companies risk exposure is too fraud? Do you know what techniques and tools you should be considering to protect your company? Fraudsters know the answers to these questions, and you should too. Hit the ground running with our reference style guide; Essentials of Online Payment Security and Fraud Prevention.
essentials of online payment security and fraud prevention.
By David Montague; ISBN 978-0470638798; Published 2010 by Wiley Publishing
The first book of its kind to focus exclusively on electronic commerce (e-commerce) fraud prevention, Essentials of Online Payment Security and Fraud Prevention provides you with the information you need-right now-to find, assess, and select the right fraud management options for your e-commerce channels.
Kindle edition available from Amazon.com
Suggested Retail is: US$45
fraud prevention techniques for credit card fraud prevention.
By David Montague; ISBN 1-4120-1460-3; Published 2004 by Trafford Publishing
This book is written to provide information about how to prevent credit card fraud in the card-not-present space (mail order, telephone order, e-commerce). This book is meant to be an introduction to combating fraud, providing the basic concepts around credit card payment, the ways fraud is perpetrated, along with write ups that define and provide best practices on the use of 32 fraud-prevention techniques.
Suggested Retail is: US$23.95, C$29.95, EUR19.95, £13.95
Available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other fine retailers.
- A Guide to Alternative Payments. A Guide to Alternative Payments is a prepared research document, over 100 pages in length, intended to provide organizations an overview of the eCommerce alternative payment options and markets.
- Fraud Solution Provider Competitive Landscape. The Fraud Solution Provider Competitive Lanscape is a prepared research document, 42 pages in length, intended for organizations looking to gain an introductory understanding to the fraud solution marketplace and the fraud solution providers servicing that market.
- International Payment Service Provider Buyer's Guide. This 81 page document provides an overview of the many types of features and services PSPs can offer while discussing many of the vendors servicing the market in terms of the functionalities and payment methods they offer as well as regional coverage.
- PayPal Company Profile. PayPal's Company Profile is a prepared research document, 36 pages in length, intended to provide organizations an overview of PayPal's position in the payments market.
This career path focuses on providing senior managers, executives, business owners and entrepreneurs the basic information they need to understand, and manage, the fraud risks associated with taking payments online and via the telephone.
- Introduction to eCommerce Credit Card Payments
- Introduction to eCommerce Fraud Fundamentals
- Fundamentals for Selecting eCommerce Payment Options
- Managing Fraud related to ePayments in a Business, an Executive Overview
After completing this career path senior managers should be able to understand key concepts with online payments and fraud; be able to evaluate and provide direction to their operational and risk personnel to manage risk while ensuring healthy sales; and finally they should be able assess their companies needs for risk management.read more
- Introduction to eCommerce Credit Card Payments - Covers the credit card process flow defining each of the "payment players."
- Introduction to eCommerce Fraud Fundamentals - Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud.
- eCommerce Buyer Fraud Signals - Outlines many different signals that high risk buyers may show looking at factors such as their account activity, profile data and behavior.
- Introduction to Credit Card Chargebacks - Covers the basic information about chargebacks everyone on a risk team needs to know, from the manual review staff to the risk manager.
- Introduction to Fraud Manual Review Tools - Provides methods for how to authenticate and verify a consumer using manual review techniques.
- Introduction to eIdentity - Authentication and Verification - Establishes a baseline understanding of the components that make up a consumer identity when transacting or making application from an online or telephone channel.
- More training options